[MLB-WIRELESS] $50 card hack?!

lrich at ruralnet.net.au lrich at ruralnet.net.au
Wed Apr 3 21:38:23 EST 2002

"WTF would you want to hack a card that already has a connector in it for???"
Good point but my original idea was to get the plastic "hump" off my enterasys'
so that I could whack 2 into a laptop for either an AP or a link machine.  Then
it dawned on me.  De-solder the connector (MCX?) and just put some thin
microwave coax in its place, shove an "N" on the end then into your Pringles or
Maxwell House or KY jelly, whatever is the go. I'll stick to my Pac mono/Hills
24 db paras.  You will have just saved $45+ on a dongle, and probably never use
the internal antennas!  Just make sure the thing works first, or make sure you
can put it back together REAL neat for warranty claims!  Cheers.

Luke.