[MLB-WIRELESS] RE:Suitable Places for testing (still....)

lrich at ruralnet.net.au lrich at ruralnet.net.au
Thu Sep 27 14:39:33 EST 2001

One issue you might want to consider when testing on the move is signal
degridation.  If your antenna is dead still you should have better reception.
Im no propogation expert but from experiance with 2.4 ghz (and I've plenty, my
employer is a certain pay tv company who uses mmds)if the ant is moving, youve
got issues.  Now I know others have used wlan mobile before, successfully even,
but I immagine the error correction ability of wlan gear will keep your data
moving but surely its got to affect the through-put and perhaps raw signal
level. :)