[MLB-WIRELESS] Roaming node?

Clae clae13 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 25 01:43:48 EST 2001

Hi,

At this stage it looks like my new home, for the next few weeks at least,
will be my lovely new (old) Toyota truck, now dubbed Doris the Dynasaur.  I
am converting Doris into a mobile home, stage, and audio workspace, and
broadband would be a definite value added for my intended uses.

My questions for the group:  can anyone comment on the issues of roaming
from hill-top to hill-top, looking for APs willing to provide access on an
ad-hoc (ahem) basis?  are there any nodes out there who would be willing to
experiment with this kind of thing?

conceivably, sitting on the right hills, I could be a temporary repeater
for nodes who currently don't have line-of-site.  kind of a poor man's
satellite.

clae.