[MLB-WIRELESS] Best Card?

Craig Hunter crhunter at optushome.com.au
Tue Sep 25 01:13:54 EST 2001

Ok, me and my group of friends want to start a wireless network....  There
will be 5 people or so initially, then maybe we will expand to 20+ once we
have the initial group started and they know it works....

Just a few things i need to know, or be confirmed by the masters out there
=)

1.  We need an access point where everyone connects to....  Can anyone
recommend a good one, and give me a web address for it.  11mbps is adequate,
although something like 54mbps or higher would be better....  we are looking
to spend up to $1500 or so on that card....

2. The individual network cards we need 11mbps, and i have seen a lot of
people talking about running them on linux...  do they have to be run in
linux??  i mean can they be ran on the average joe's win2k/98??  We need
cards with 100mw, because they will all need to go about 3kms to the access
point.

I think these are the main things....  we will talk about antennas after i
find out about the cards....  if anyone lives in Frankston/Carrum
Downs/Seaford area and wants to help us, feel fre to post please!

Thanks for your time,
Craig