[MLB-WIRELESS] more important issues

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Tue Oct 30 08:32:27 EST 2001

> > 10.255.x.x
> > 172.31.x.x
> > 192.168.255.x
> >
> > These are all still part of the private address space.
> >

> I believe in the 10.x.x.x since it would give more room to
> manevour when the network greatly expands and
> interconnectively starts to happen between cells.

What happens if we start with 10.0.0.x...?  Keep in mind that a lot of home
networks will be using 10.0.0.x internally - Bingo!  Instant IP conflicts.
:-(  Only way to resolve those is static NAT (or just migrate to IPV6 :) ).
:)

We have to limit the range to exclude the most common IP ranges used by home
networks, but that still leaves a lot of space aside. :)