Addressing, was Re: [MLB-WIRELESS] more important issues

David Arnold arnold at dstc.monash.edu.au
Tue Oct 30 08:13:02 EST 2001

-->"Adrian" == Adrian Close <adrian at close.wattle.id.au> writes:

  Adrian> <...> and we may even be able to get an allocation from
  Adrian> APNIC if we ask nicely.

i spoke (informally) to a mate at APNIC yesterday.

the USD2500 is non-negotiable.  it's used to fund a bunch of stuff,
and for good causes, etc.  spread over 250 people, for example, it's
only $20 each.  or as a council-funded grant?

getting an AS number is easy and cheap.  no problems there.

getting a v4 allocation is perfectly possible.  anyone multihoming is
allowed one.  /22 is the starting point and you can get more once you
show 80% utilisation.

  Adrian> And of course there's plenty of IPv6 space available...

yep.  they hand out /35 or /48's. and it's possibly *free* at the
moment ...

i have the contact for further details once/if we need.