[MLB-WIRELESS] more important issues <aka: guerilla radio is by ninjas, for ninjas. Worked for global IP's development!>

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Tue Oct 30 08:08:39 EST 2001

How far are you talking?

Once you go beyond LOS, you need to do one or more of the following:

1.  Increase power (if you can get enough tropo scattering)
2.  Use multiple hops (just like the WLAN is attempting to do)
3.  Have an elevated access point/central node (variation on #2)
4.  Carry #3 to the extreme - satellite :)
5.  Use landline to bridge some or all of the gap (VPNs are so useful
sometimes :) ).

Tony Langdon
Systems Development and Support
ATC Training Australasia.  Level 1 310 King St Melbourne 3000.