[MLB-WIRELESS] more important issues <aka: guerilla radio is by ninjas, for ninjas. Worked for global IP's development!>

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Mon Oct 29 10:19:49 EST 2001

> Mailing lists and web boards can be one and the same.
> Mailers can thread
> messages automatically.  Not everyone has the time or
> inclination to use
> one or the other of mailing lists and web boards, so let's
> have both the
> same.

Agreed.  I hate web boards with a passion, but a mailing list with a web
interface gives the best of both worlds.

> For more immediate development, I notice a lot of development
> groups use
> IRC or similar.  Tony's already suggested #melbwireless on
> chatnet.org.

which is now being frequented by a few ppl :) )

> If we need to, we could have serveral mailing lists, say
> dev@, announce@,
> users@ or whatever.  I don't think we're there yet.  :)
>
> > *DNS - internal DNS hierachy to bring some workable order and
> > structure to the chaos
>
> Let's not make it a private DNS space/server network, though.  Use and
> build on existing infrastructure.

Why not?  A public DNS will carry a lot of useless(to the Internet)
information.

> > *Information and resource collection - Some sort of central
> collection
> > of info; sorta like melbwireless.dyndns.org website, with their info
>
> This could be very useful.  Why wouldn't it be one and the
> same with the
> melbwireless.dyndns.org site?

That's the logical place to have resources and information.