[MLB-WIRELESS] more important issues <aka: guerilla radio is byninjas, for ninjas. Worked for global IP's development!>

Nick Sibbing nick at artful.com.au
Mon Oct 29 10:00:54 EST 2001

> "ABBENHUYS, Ryan" wrote:
>
> Has anyone approached any shopping centres?  They could be
> quite handy out in the suburbs with some being up to 4 levels
> and often higher.

I spoke to my  council (Yarra Ranges) this morning and i think
it will be a sloow process to get them on board. selling the
idea is not easy to non IT people. Just finding the right dept
took 4 calls. I'll try to set up a meeting to show the Age
article and see if i can get any interest locally

Trees and hills in these parts i think make a viable network
more of an all or nothing proposition. Ie more short hops mean
more people need to be involved. A bit of official sanction i
think can help sell the idea to shopping centers or whoever

Kind Regards
Nick Sibbing