[MLB-WIRELESS] Best base station to buy

Jonathan Oxer jon at ivt.com.au
Fri Oct 26 12:02:33 EST 2001

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently in Canada and about to return to Melbourne via LA. I'll be
visiting Fry's Electronics while I'm there (one of the biggest computer
stores ever, I'm told it has 69 checkouts and they're usually all busy!)
so the big question is - what base station should I buy? I use a combo
of Macs and Linux boxes, so I was thinking about getting an Airport
base station, but for much less money and better performance there
are a stack of alternatives, especially if I use a Linux box to handle all
the routing.

I want to set up two nodes in the Croydon area.

Advice? What would offer best performance and most flexibility in
terms of integrating with the Melb: W & D plans?

Jonathan Oxer
Director
Internet Vision Technologies