[MLB-WIRELESS] thoughts

Tyson.Clugg at csiro.au Tyson.Clugg at csiro.au
Fri Oct 26 11:32:52 EST 2001

> We are going to have conflicting views of how the network is going to be
used -
> Primarily 2 views are going to come up.
> 1) Fee for service
> 2)Free community information sharing based...

My thoughts are:
* Everyone would be able to connect and share information between nodes at
no cost.
* People may connect via VPN to the rest of the 'net, paying any service
fees as seen appropriate by the group.

This addresses the issue of security and accounting - IP traffic passing
over the VPN can be accounted for and managed effectively.  It leaves the
option open that an ISP may become a *node* of the community network and
allow VPN access to the world... very tasty indeed!