[MLB-WIRELESS] Wireless Cards

Adrian Close adrian at close.wattle.id.au
Tue Oct 23 16:09:51 EST 2001

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Robert Foster wrote:

> Who can teach me all of this stuff? (and more?)  A curiosity thing more than
> anything (I need a hobby) :)

I suspect your average public library will have a few books on antenna
design and general RF theory, although they'll almost certainly require
careful reading.  You might consider joining an amateur radio club and
talking to the people there.  Read up on the amateur licence exam
material (I think the WIA have this stuff online - Wireless Institute of
Australia).

Also, I notice you are in Sunshine North.  I'm often in Sunshine as my
parents-in-law live there and they wouldn't mind terribly if I put some
wireless gear in at their place in Nicholson St, just near the McDonalds
on the Ring Road.  Is that far from you?  Interested in experimenting with
a link?

Adrian Close			email:	adrian at close.wattle.id.au
1 Old Gippsland Rd.		web:	http://www.close.wattle.id.au/~adrian
Lilydale, VIC, 3140, Australia	mobile:	+61 412 385 201

Echelon teaser: MD5 RX-7 SSL Kiwi TRD DEADBEEF Bubba