[MLB-WIRELESS] DLink Hardware Price update

Matthew Vella mvella at flexsoft.com.au
Wed Oct 17 14:38:31 EST 2001

The DCF-650W is not Type II PCMCIA (the BBF pricelist is wrong :-), it's CF - Compact Flash - useful in WinCE handhelds and the like.  Specs at http://www.dlink.com/products/DigitalHome/Mobile/dcf650w/

The DWL-120 USB adaptor looks to be fairly easy to modify for an external antenna, as well as being easy to locate close to an external antenna, and, apart from having no Linux support (yet), looks like one of the cheapest ways to have an 11Mb link on the outside.  I will be trying to mod one for an external antenna fairly soon - will report back when it's done.