[MLB-WIRELESS] hello

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Thu Oct 11 09:03:54 EST 2001

> Besides, for surfing the net 11Mb/s is heaps (how fast is your 'net
> connection??? - even driving the desktop machine with VNC
> isn't too bad over
> 11Mb/s!)

And don't forget there is an inverse relationship between speed and distance
(actually signal strength) - if you run a very long path on 11 Mbit/sec
(especially if it's backing off to a lower speed), don't expect miracles on
the new gear!

Well, I hope to see the day (soon?) where 802.11b gear is at really
affordable prices.  Even today's prices are in the "really have to put money
aside for it" range. :(