[MLB-WIRELESS] Updating node map

James Hill James.Hill at oz.quest.com
Wed Oct 10 13:38:16 EST 2001

How does one go about updating the node map? I'm probably missing something
blatantly obvious but for the life of me I can't see it.

I'm at the gathering point of development, with a Cisco Aironet BR342 on its
way (I think) plus the antenna gear and once that's in all I have to do is
convince my wife that we need a pole and an antenna on our roof. I think
she's gonna notice if I just put it up there one weekend.

Regardless, the dream is slowly becoming a reality. The Aironet bridge will
plug directly into my router. Don't know how I'm going to handle filesharing
yet but first I want to know who in the area is approaching connection. My
node name is Dismal (AJH) and my location gives me a bit of a vantage point.
When I climbed up and had a look around I was able to see more than just
trees. Good line of sight to anything in the area but I really need contact
with those nearby: AJE (Sunzero), AJJ (Tyson), AFD (megumiT), AHA (Charlie
Brown), AAH (John) and anyone else who thinks they might have LOS or near
to. I'm gonna be really pissed if I get this thing running and there's not a
soul to connect to. But even then, it's not too bad. It might give someone
else the incentive to get the gear together and connect to a nearby node.

Here's hopin' anyways.