[MLB-WIRELESS] The CAT and the NAT

lkhoo at csc.com.au lkhoo at csc.com.au
Thu Nov 29 10:04:27 EST 2001

>At least it doesn't suggest I should stop using NAT to share
>my cable modem connection within my house. Only that I shouldn't
>share it with you lot via wireless.

The main point I think people on this need to remember is that our cable
system over here is a little different.

Here we have netstats (optus - around 18GB/month) and a 3GB cap (Telstra -
3GB/month) where as this article would be talking about users with more
download friendly cable connections.

If anything, I would only be sharing a broadband connection with other
wireless people IF they were also sharing the cost and were also capable of
monitoing our collective monthly downloads or allowing them access to
lightweight or free services (wireplay game and file services etc).

Lucas