[MLB-WIRELESS] News Server

Dwayne ddraig at pobox.com
Mon Nov 26 23:36:40 EST 2001

Tony Langdon wrote:

> You probably won't find a reply from there there.  All message boards suffer
> from the same flaws as far as I'm concerned - one has to actively have to
> "poll" them for new messages (email just drifts in :) ), and they have a
> very slow interface (since everything has to be transferred interactively) -
> and therefore a pain for those of us used to high volumes of mail (where we
> can use the local CPU power to full advantage to driver the interface
> independently of the network).

I entirely agree with everything above. I get a huge amount of mail, and
it is WAY easier and faster for me to download it and read it at home
than read it on a webpage.

> Well, perhaps one of the items in the FAQ should be that the mailing list is
> for everyone interested in wireless networking.  Stupid questions (is there
> such a thing, other than the one that isn't asked? :) ) not covered in the
> FAQ (when it comes) are most welcome, as is "boring technical discussion".
> And the delete key is there for those messages you find boring, offensive or
> whatever... :)

I have no problem with the volume of mail here, but if it REALLY works
people up I strongly suggest that people get into putting signifiers in
the subject line so people can filter out what they don't want to see.
so [AD]    [?] for questions [FLAME] so people can get their norty-word
filter happening, etc.

Just a thought. Like I said, I have no problem, but if people do,
ranting just increases the volume (heh) but solutions will help.

Would it be possible to send in the discussions on the board to the list
once a week as a single digest? That way we get everything.

Dwayne