[MLB-WIRELESS] Packet scheduling

kim at aldigital.co.uk kim at aldigital.co.uk
Mon Nov 26 01:27:24 EST 2001

On Sat, Nov 24, 2001 at 12:40:38PM +1100, David Maslen wrote:
> David Arnold <arnold at dstc.monash.edu.au> writes:
> > i'd been considering creating a debian archive, containing a set of
> > suitable packages, and a master package that pulls in all the non-base
> > packages that are requried, and a script which asks the appropriate
> > questions and configures it all up for you.
>
> Debian would be my linux distribution of choice for remote admin of a
> box in the roof.

My experience would be that, its a good idea to make a new kernel
and compile that latest pcmcia-cs, and wireless-tools against it.

But yes, doing this in debian is entirely the nicest way to start =)

I use debian on all my laptops and gateway/router boxen. It indeed
would be my os of choice =)

Creating a meta dependency package that includes you new/updated
packages is the right way forward to build minimal router boxes.

yours,

kim
--
| A.L. Digital Ltd.   Tel: +44 (20) 8742 0755     | "Time is an     |