[MLB-WIRELESS] DNS, DHCP, static ip...

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Mon Nov 19 09:02:05 EST 2001

> Good point,
> what was the consensus on this? We could go the route of using the
> 192.168.x.x address space a quick and dirty route might be to
> attach an

I'd avoid the 192.168.x.x address space.  Too many potential conflicts with
home and office networks.  I'd choose something obscure like 172.23.x.x
Much less chance of a conflict (and still reserved private addresses).

> Medium term, hell I don't know, but longer term when theres a
> degree of
> conectivity, then I like the idea of ipv6. Just the idea though, no
> idea how to do it.

IPV6 is the ultimate solution, but a lot of work to implement, and probably
a lot of digging to get all the apps you want for it.