[MLB-WIRELESS] Update on the bulk-buy scenario...

Steven Haigh netwiz at optushome.com.au
Fri Nov 16 16:05:07 EST 2001

just a quick update... we've had orders for around 25 - 30 cards at the
moment... most of you have heard nothing as yet...

I'm talking and bargaining with various suppliers and manufacturers to try
and get the price right down for these bulk orders... The current price for
the Orinoco Silver PCMCIA cards are $220 - but I'm still not happy with that
price...

I am also researching a few other options... To help guide me, what type of
card are you guys more interested in? Straight PCI? PCMCIA? PCMCIA bundled
with adapter?

Signed,
Steven Haigh

Out the 100Base-T, off the firewall, through the router, down the T1,
over the leased line, off the bridge, nothing but Net.

The net will not be what we demand, but what we make it. Build it well.