[MLB-WIRELESS] 802.11 and 802.11b

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Thu Nov 15 10:57:49 EST 2001

> Yes indeed...I forget sometimes there is a world outside my
> cave, and one
> inwhich many people of varied and interesting persuits exist. ;)

Hmm, I have similar problems with people from a certain country on the other
side of the world who forget there's other places on the other side of the
water. ;)

> Just as an aside, from a net. eng perspective, high bandwidth
> gaming is a
> very useful tool for testing network loading and
> performance...or so I tell
> the gf, anyways....

Hmm, doesn't do it for me.  Shuffling 50 MB .WAV files and real time
streaming do that for me.  And the best network connectivity tool?  IRC!
Seriously, when I've got IRC running here, it bombs out if there's a problem
usually before the main monitoring system kicks in. :-)