[MLB-WIRELESS] Chainging 802.11 standards?

admin admin at staff.monterey.vic.edu.au
Tue Nov 13 18:11:00 EST 2001

talking to a rep today from sydney that is selling access points etc and he reckons that some of the equipment is not compatible but also goes on to say if you have an access point with two slots in it you could put a 10mbps in one slot and 54mbps in the other bang you have backward compatiblitiy..

sounds strange but yeh I can see how it would work as long as the access point sees the 54mbps cards....

Matthew

>>> orlock at central.warehouse.net 11/13/01 17:19 PM >>>

I'm guessing that most people here saw the /. story regarding Intel's new
range of 802.11B devices?

5x faster?

Anybody know if they are backwards/sideways compatible with 802.11* gear?

James