[MLB-WIRELESS] Ready to connect in Croydon?

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Thu Nov 8 13:00:32 EST 2001

A word of warning for those importing stuff from the USA.

Check the specs carefully - The US ISM band is slightly different to the
Australian one.  This has two implications.  Firstly, some US spec gear may
not interoperate with locally sourced stuff, due to different band limits.

Secondly, equipment using the full US band (i.e. the bit above 2463 MHz) is
still legal, but limited to 200mW EIRP, not the 4W that Australian spec gear
is allowed to do.

Tony Langdon
Systems Development and Support
ATC Training Australasia.  Level 1 310 King St Melbourne 3000.