[MLB-WIRELESS] Prism2 driver problems...

Alex F alexf at optushome.com.au
Thu Nov 8 12:21:26 EST 2001

Hi Steve,

Would you, please, update my node information, BGI,  in the Melb-Wireless
database.

Latitude (Degreesº and Minutes' )37º 54' S [Decimal Degrees -37.914º]
Longitude (Degreesº and Minutes' ) 145º 06' E[Decimal Degrees 145.100º]

I have also built the helical antenna  (1m long) and mounted it on a 10
steel mast.
I have purchased a Compaq WL-210  (actually WL-110 with a PCMCIA to PCI
adapter) and pigtail.
The antenna is currently pointing roughly north-west towards Chadstone
shopping center.
I have tried NetStumbler just to test the network card by finding any network.
The computer with the card will normally be running Suse Linux.

My friend from node BFI, Stephen, has done some research, and found (from
the Melways) that node BFC is the closest to me  (JAllen in Oakleigh) at
540m, bearing 205 degrees from my house.

Would you also, please, pass on my my details to BFC and provide us with
suitable IP numbers for the Melb-Wireless network.  If we get the numbers
now it will save us minor reconfiguration of the network cards in the future.

Thanks

Alex Foksa
alexf at optushome.com.au
95647193