[MLB-WIRELESS] IP address allocation?

Alex F alexf at optushome.com.au
Thu Nov 8 00:08:24 EST 2001

Hi,

I have setup a Compaq WL210 under Linux and have set up the antenna, no
amplifier :-(
Having some troubles with the modules, but it still seems to pop up using
cardctl ident, but cardinfo shows it as a Prism II.
I also have a helical antenna currently pointing roughly north-west just to
see if anything is out there.

Who hands out IP addresses to connect to the network?

Is there anyone between the NW to SW triangle originating from Melways 69 G8?
http://www.street-directory.com.au/melbourne/melbourne_map.cgi?x=2508093.5&y=4399839.12141&level=5&star=
(I stuffed up in the node location database and it has no delete or update
function.)

Thanks