[MLB-WIRELESS] what I need baby

Glen Brunning bchild at melbwireless.dyndns.org
Thu Dec 20 10:23:23 EST 2001

Matthew Boyd (Matthew.C.Boyd at uts.edu.au) wrote*:

>Okay,
>a bit of a node update and a "wanted" ad.
>I've finally managed to get my WL200 working in linux as well as a few
>other nifty things that I've discovered in linux over the past couple
>of months of installing, installing, recompiling, recompiling again and
>again etc, etc, blah blah blah.

Do you have any notes on what you had to do??
We're experiencing a few probs getting ours 2 work correctly.
Bigest thing is we're trying to get it going probally as a full A/P
to another linux A/P..

Do you have 2 of these cards?? if so can u get 2 linux boxes to talk with each
other??  Sorry for all the questions this is the last thing that is stopping my
links from running..

>So, having a working (mostly, sorta, kind of) linux server with a
>wireless card, I am now in need of antenna and cable. If someone wants
>to sell me some of this stuff, please do, I'll probably need 10-20m of
>cable (everyone says LMR400 but if your a fast talker you could
>probably talk me into something else, hell I aint got a clue) and an
>antenna. Preferable not a dish. I'll probably have to do a bit of a
>stealth install halfway up the neighbours fire escape to get over
>buildings so something small and as unobtrusive as possible.

As far as small antennas go, no sorry and unfortunaly i don't have enough cable
left for you sorry.. :(  My telomast is going to be a little full with some
antennas.

>I'd like to get stuff going as soon as possible. I've got a bit of time
>off over xmas. If I can get this stuff over the next few days and there
>are people nearby, expect an "anyone out there" post from me for
>Collingwood.

As far as testing goes, hmmm mayb i could get some stuff together and give you
linux A/P a go.. :)

Glen
Melbourne: Digital and Wireless