[MLB-WIRELESS] what I need baby

Matthew Boyd Matthew.C.Boyd at uts.edu.au
Thu Dec 20 09:21:28 EST 2001

Okay,
a bit of a node update and a "wanted" ad.
I've finally managed to get my WL200 working in linux as well as a few
other nifty things that I've discovered in linux over the past couple
of months of installing, installing, recompiling, recompiling again and
again etc, etc, blah blah blah.

So, having a working (mostly, sorta, kind of) linux server with a
wireless card, I am now in need of antenna and cable. If someone wants
to sell me some of this stuff, please do, I'll probably need 10-20m of
cable (everyone says LMR400 but if your a fast talker you could
probably talk me into something else, hell I aint got a clue) and an
antenna. Preferable not a dish. I'll probably have to do a bit of a
stealth install halfway up the neighbours fire escape to get over
buildings so something small and as unobtrusive as possible.

I'd like to get stuff going as soon as possible. I've got a bit of time
off over xmas. If I can get this stuff over the next few days and there
are people nearby, expect an "anyone out there" post from me for
Collingwood.

Matt