[MLB-WIRELESS] Help with connector types:

lkhoo at csc.com.au lkhoo at csc.com.au
Tue Dec 18 16:11:23 EST 2001

>Are there any diagrams anywhere to show what they look like.  I have no
>idea. N connector pigtails are very foreign to me.

>Simon

I think the "Getting Started" page on the melbwireless page might need a
little updating with a few little pictures to help us newbies? :)

from http://melbwireless.dyndns.org/pages.php?page=Getting+Started
<snip>
The first step is getting a pigtail. A pigtail is a short, thin cable with
a microwave connector on each end. The shorter the better. One end is the
connector that goes into your card/AP, and the other end is most likely a N
male or female connector. The reason we don't just plug microwave cable
into the card, is because the card jacks are very small, and microwave
cable is very large, and it just won't work.
</snip>

There is "a" picture here of a pigtail from x.net.au who sell wireless gear
(link found from the hardware database on the melb wireless site!).

http://x.net.au/pigtail.jpg

with the description :

Lucent / Cabletron /Compaq WL-110/210 card to N male $60
(Lucent proprietry connector to N male)
Zoomair / Compaq WL200 / Samsung card to N male $30
(SMA reverse thread connector to N male)

Lucas