[MLB-WIRELESS] linux expert help needed

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Mon Dec 10 11:25:24 EST 2001

> Sat dish is one of the Austar dishes. had an 11Ghz head on it. Haven't
> measured it exactly but its decent in size. i also have a grid array
> from an old galaxy service available to me.  Dont know which would
> provide better range tho.

Depends on the size of the dish.  Basically, size is (ahem) everything. ;-)
The bigger the dish, the more gain - that goes for the grid packs as well.

> And I have tried many flavours of Linux - ie Redhat 7.0 7.1
> Mandrake 8.0
> 8.1 no good on any.  I will install Redhat 7.2 fresh from ISO
> downloading now. If anyone has ideas with this build, let me know.

Good luck.  What errors does the compilation give?  Does it say you need to
compile the kernel as well? (sometimes this is necessary with specific
modules, so that the correct kernel options are turned on).

---
Outgoing mail has been scanned for viruses