[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: random stuff... was: hardware database online

Daniel Studds foch at optushome.com.au
Mon Aug 27 16:31:59 EST 2001

now when i said crossplatform, i meant that the code would basically
work with a few OS calls changed (and maybe some other minor syntax
changes). Java is great and all, but I'm yet to see a single
situation where it *works.*
Java applets usually require a different version depending on
platform (thanks, microsoft) and java on the web loads slow and
doesn't do anything that can't be done (faster) in one of the
macromedia products. Basically, I'm biased against its use. It was
good on paper last century, but when all has been said and done, it's
a broken cart.