[MLB-WIRELESS] 500mW card

Steven Haigh netwiz at optushome.com.au
Fri Aug 17 18:10:06 EST 2001

Hmmm - interesting... looks like it uses a token ring type network
access
scheme too... CSMA/CA (from memory) = token ring, CSMA/CD = ethernet...

On Fri, 17 Aug 2001 00:01, Drew wrote:
> Most powerful I've previously seen is 100mW, so this is pretty
awesome...
> only catch, it's 2mb/s. To stay legal the most you could pair this
with is
> something like a 8-10 dbi antenna, but what an omni that'd make.
Actually
> no idea if it has external antenna connector, but maybe worth looking
into.

> http://www.symbol.com/products/wireless/la3021.html
>

> --
list
> at:

Signed,
Steven Haigh

Out the 100Base-T, off the firewall, through the router, down the T1,
over the leased line, off the bridge, nothing but Net.

The net will not be what we demand, but what we make it. Build it well.