[kernel-xen] Beta testing new regional mirror selection system

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Sat May 27 17:02:15 AEST 2017

Hi all,

Seems I can't quite do what I want to do via the mirrorlist system. As
such, I've created a new test metalink system that will provide extra
information, as well as the possibility to add other sources (rsync, ftp
etc) later on if needed.

If you currently use the mirrorlist, you can change the URL from:
	https://xen.crc.id.au/mirrorlist/kernel-xen-el7.txt

to:
	https://xen.crc.id.au/metalink/kernel-xen-el7.txt

This will work across all repositories by changing the repository on the
end of the URL.

The metalinks are valid for:
* kernel-xen-el6.txt
* kernel-xen-el6-extra.txt
* kernel-xen-el6-testing.txt
* kernel-xen-el7.txt
* kernel-xen-el7-extra.txt
* kernel-xen-el7-testing.txt

The dynamic mirrorlist system advised below will go away in the near
future and be replaced with the above system using metalinks.

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
Web: https://www.crc.id.au