[kernel-xen] PVH working on EL6 / Xen 4.6.0 / kernel 4.1.15

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Thu Jan 21 21:20:31 AEDT 2016

On a second note, I'd like to mention that PVH seems to work correctly
using my kernel on the DomU as well as the Dom0.

Tests were using EL6 as the Dom0, Xen 4.6.0 from el6-testing and EL7 as
the DomU with the kernel-xen kernel installed.

To enable, use pvh = 1 in the DomU config file. The DomU should show
something like this on boot:
[    0.000000] Booting paravirtualized kernel with PVH extensions on Xen

The Xen Project say that PVH should now be the quickest method of all
current implementations.

Again, feedback / other experiences welcome :)

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
Web: https://www.crc.id.au