[kernel-xen] Kernel Panic

Steffan Cline steffan at hldns.com
Wed Apr 6 01:11:00 AEST 2016

Had an odd issue a couple weeks back where I checked on my server and there was a kernel panic. I didn’t think much of it and restarted. It booted into the default CentOS 6 kernel. Once I realized what happened I rebooted back into the Xen kernel just fine.

This morning I woke to find that the server had been crashing and rebooting for several hours.

I logged in and the cause seems to be the notorious error "module scsi_wait_scan not found” There are no good easy solutions on how to fix this.

Most docs I came across say it was supposed to be removed a while back.

Suggestions anyone? I only got my system back up by using an older Xen kernel. Hard part is my mail runs in a VM on the system. Such luck.

Thank you,
Steffan Cline
602-793-0014