[kernel-xen] Any update plan on libvirt-related packages?

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Wed Sep 3 00:12:09 EST 2014

On 2/09/2014 11:53 PM, Kim Larry wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think libvirt-related packages in the el6 repository are quite
> out-dated and I'm currently suffering from libvirt bugs that patched
> recently. Is there any update plan on these packages?

At this stage, probably not.

libvirt is pretty messy (still) when it comes to Xen. Right now, you
need to build it with *either* xm or xl toolkit - which means it breaks
pretty easily.

From reports I've had with people in ##xen on irc.freenode.net - libvirt
is still not a reliable toolkit - even with the latest versions. I
helped out a few people on there recently, and their resolution was that
it was less work to remove reliance on libvirt and use the Xen tools
natively.

Sadly, most people seem to have the same idea when coming across issues
with libvirt!

As such, I'm not sure if I can still provide a reliable libvirt package
(patches / contributions welcome!) as I still don't use it myself.

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
Web: http://www.crc.id.au