[kernel-xen] CentOS 7?

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Wed Jul 23 18:08:22 EST 2014

On 23/07/2014 5:01 PM, Steve Freitas wrote:
> Hi Steven,
>
> Nice work with your Xen packaging, I'm setting up a Xen server of my own
> at home and will probably end up using your packages. Having said that,
> I need to make a decision on my dom0 OS, and I wondered if you have any
> plans to support CentOS 7 anytime soon.

Hi Steve (Great name!),

At the moment, my advice for you regarding EL7 - run the other way.

I did briefly write up the following:
	https://www.crc.id.au/2014/07/12/avoid-centos-7-rhel-7-for-now/

I've been keeping a look out on #xen on Freenode IRC and I have seen a
few people trying to get Xen working as a Dom0 using CentOS 7 - and its
been a work in progress for a few weeks now. From what I understand it
hasn't been successful.

Couple it with all the other issues stumbled across at the moment and I
wouldn't recommend anyone 'upgrade' to EL7. It does seem that that the
general consensus is that RedHat has 'screwed the pooch' with this
release - including releasing a beta quality 'final' product.

I am still slowly making progress regarding Xen 4.4 on EL6 - however
this is still in development, requires more testing (the testing repo!),
and will not be a completely seemless upgrade (full shutdown of DomUs
required BEFORE upgrading).

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au