[kernel-xen] Require Xen Older Version

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Mon Sep 16 19:23:33 EST 2013

On 16/09/2013 7:07 PM, deepanshus wrote:
> Respected Sir/Ma'am,
>
> We have done some set-up and  previously we have installed the Xen older version
> :- 3.8.7-1.el6xen.x86_64 on all the machine. Now we have formatted  one of the
> machine
> and when we are installing Xen it is a new version (Xen -3.10 )  , we want the
> old version of Xen i.e.  3.8.7-1.el6xen.x86_64  to install it again. Can you
> please tell where we can find the older version of the Xen or from where we can
> download the older version of Xen. Kindly Reply asap.

Hi Deepanshu,

In a nutshell, you don't. Kernel 3.8 went End Of Life quite a while ago.
There are no updates to it, no security patches and development on the
3.8 series of kernels has been abandoned.

Since that time, kernel 3.9 has also been EoL'ed and replaced with
kernel 3.11 as the new stable branch. This is what is now available.

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
Web: https://www.crc.id.au