[kernel-xen] libvirt update

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Tue Sep 3 22:58:13 EST 2013

On 03/09/13 10:52, Glenn Enright wrote:
> HI Steven, sending this to the list in case anyone else is interested as
> well. The libvirt build in your repos is a bit older now, I see 1.1.2 is
> avilable from http://libvirt.org/sources/
>
> Would you consider doing an updated c6 build of that please? We are keen
> to test that out further

I'll take a look when I have some time. I haven't really pushed libvirt
as yet - as it still causes a lot more problems for some than it solves
- but it works perfectly well as a desktop virt thing.

I like to keep these requests in the bug tracker to keep it as a 'to do
list' as such. Can you file a request via:
		http://xen.crc.id.au/bugs

That way when I sit down to look at it, the reminder is there.

> I noticed while testing the current packages, libvirtd insists on
> restarting xend all the time, not sure if that is an issue with the
> 1.0.3 version or if I've missed a configuration option. We use xl. If
> anyone knows how to disable that behaviour please do tell.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was stuck using xm at that version. It was
pretty much a hack to make it work. Just about everyone should be
transitioning to using XL for all management these days - otherwise
you'll get a big shock when XM eventually stops working.

The good news is, for my current xen packages, the only step to move to
XL is 'chkconfig xend off' and reboot.

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au