[kernel-xen] Too many frags fatal error; disabling device

Rob Lazzurs rob at lazzurs.org
Sat Mar 23 05:36:50 EST 2013

On Fri, 22 Mar 2013, Wayne Egerer Jr wrote:

> Has anybody seen the below errors and know the fix?
>

> kernel: vif vif-78-0 vifvm422.0: Too many frags
>
> kernel: vif vif-78-0 vifvm422.0: fatal error; disabling device
>
> kernel: xbr0: port 56(vifvm422.0) entered disabled state
>

> Running Kernel: 3.8.2-1.el6xen.x86_64
>

> Xen Version: 4.1.4

Hello Wayne,

To fix this turn off all offloading on both the guest and the host NIC.
You can see what offloading is active with the following command.

ethtool -k eth0

The -K will let you modify them to off.  I believe the most recent kernel
from the repo might also solve this however from what I read it should be
off anyway.

--
Rob Lazzurs