[kernel-xen] Building a 2.6.32 kernel with Xen

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Wed Mar 6 10:38:38 EST 2013

On 6/03/2013 10:21 AM, Ellison Marks wrote:
> Because of organizational reasons, we can't upgrade to the 3.x kernel
> you're providing. I hope it's not too much to ask, but could you please
> provide a tutorial on building a Xen enabled kernel for CentOS 6.3, so
> we could roll our own?

Thats unlucky... 2.6.32 is a bit of a lost cause these days... Jeremy
used to maintain a xen dom0 kernel source for 2.6.32, but he hadn't
updated it in many months.

 From what I recall, vanilla 2.6.32 does not support half the features -
and I'm stretching my memory now - but it may not even support running
out of the box as a Dom0.

The main reason I've moved on to 3.x is the lack of updates / security
fixes and the lack of patches for 2.6.32. All the development and
updates are now happening on the 3.x branch.

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
Web: https://www.crc.id.au