[kernel-xen] kernel-xen-3.9.7-1 packages available - TESTERS REQUIRED!

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Thu Jun 27 14:24:50 EST 2013

On 27/06/2013 1:59 PM, Joe Fialkowski wrote:
> I couldn't wait. It looks like it updated grub properly this time. Still
> got that weird message from yum about install only packages, but I am
> not sure if that is because I am installing the rpm's from a local file
> using yum. I don't have a .repo setup for the testing repo.

... snip ...
> *Detected 'installonlypkgs' option already in /etc/yum.conf. Not modifying!*

The above line is printed when the install checks if kernel-xen is
present in the installonlypkgs option in /etc/yum.conf.

Without this, it will be impossible to have a multiple kernel-xen
packages installed. Without this, each install will be an upgrade and
previous versions would be automatically removed. This is very undesirable.

It was really added as a debug message and it has just stayed ever
since. It can probably be removed from future versions.

> *Adding Xen lines to /boot/grub/grub.conf for
> kernel-xen-3.9.7-5.el6xen.x86_64.*

This is also a debug message at the moment to check the selection of
which grub.conf is being altered. Eventually, it can probably be removed.

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
Web: https://www.crc.id.au