[kernel-xen] Issue Booting DomU's from certain hardware.

Joe Fialkowski joe at zoomcloud.net
Thu Sep 27 13:21:18 EST 2012

UPDATE

I was able to finally get the console connected. This is the only thing that happens before the DomU crashes:

Using <class 'grub.GrubConf.GrubConfigFile'> to parse /boot/grub/grub.conf
[root at xm3]#

Here is the /boot/grub/grub.conf from my supermicro server:

# grub.conf generated by anaconda
#
# NOTICE:  You have a /boot partition.  This means that
#          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /boot/, eg.
#          root (hd0,2)
#          kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/md1
#          initrd /initrd-[generic-]version.img
#boot=/dev/sdb
default=0
timeout=5
splashimage=(hd0,2)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
hiddenmenu
title CentOS (3.5.4-2.el6xen.x86_64)
        root (hd0,2)
        kernel /xen.gz dom0_mem=1024M cpufreq=xen dom0_max_vcpus=4 dom0_vcpus_pin
        module /vmlinuz-3.5.4-2.el6xen.x86_64 ro root=UUID=c1e20d4f-2c51-436d-b1d7-b9024482d5ce rd_NO_LUKS  KEYBOARDTYPE=pc KEYTABLE=us rd_MD_UUID=586bdbaf:6a424617:7f257043:fd4ba025 rd_MD_UUID=7410ab1f:e7a157c6:c334ce62:18dd2fc9 SYSFONT=latarcyrheb-sun16 crashkernel=auto rd_NO_LVM rd_NO_DM LANG=en_US.UTF-8 rhgb quiet
        module /initramfs-3.5.4-2.el6xen.x86_64.img

Also I noticed that this new server micro server is running a newer version of xen. I was not paying attention and the mirror was updated.

Working server is running:
xen-libs-4.1.3-2.el6.x86_64
xen-4.1.3-2.el6.x86_64
kernel-xen-3.5.4-2.x86_64