[kernel-xen] starting DomU's after upgrade to 4.2.0

Steven Spencer steven.spencer at kdsi.com
Thu Oct 11 09:05:53 EST 2012

On 10/10/2012 04:55 PM, Joseph Fialkowski wrote:
> On 10 Oct 2012, at 17:51, Steven Spencer wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> Was scheduling a reboot of a 4.2.0 install on a CentOS 6.2 DomO and
>> realised that I do not know how to start a domain with the new xl
>> commands.  I can always postpone the reboot for now.  Anyone have this
>> at their finger tips?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Steven G. Spencer
>

> I have not played with xl yet but I think its the same according to the
> man page
>
> http://xenbits.xen.org/docs/unstable/man/xl.1.html
>
> EXAMPLES
>
> with config file
>
>        xl create DebianLenny
>
>      This creates a domain with the file /etc/xen/DebianLenny, and
> returns as soon as it is run.
>

> -Joe

Joe,

The thing I'm concerned with is the absence of the start command.  With
Xend and xm you used xm start domainname, with xl, there does not appear
to be a start command available.  Perhaps what you are saying is the
same as starting a domain with a specific config, i.e., xl create <path
to config file> but I guess I want to be sure before I jump.  Currently
my DomU's are up but I upgraded the kernel to 4.2.0 while they were
alive and did not reboot the box, so I've got no console at the moment.
  (i.e., no way to view domain status, stop or start them from within
the list).

Thanks for the response.
Steven G. Spencer, Network Administrator
KSC Corporate - The Kelly Supply Family of Companies
Office 308-382-8764 Ext. 231
Mobile 308-380-7957